Now isn’t that fancy looking? Fancy tasting too. I’ve been posting desserts lately, but really this is more up my alley. There’s lots of butter in it. I like butter. Mmm actually the “topping” part can go on anything. Try it out and let me know.
So I’m kind of in a mood today. Not a bad mood at all, a goofy one. I’ve been laying a little low this week fighting a hamstring that is misbehaving. Well, I was able to run 5 good miles this morning and that makes me very happy…or goofy. Whatever. I’m currently sitting on a heating pad and eating a piece of dark chocolate. Not a bad place to be in life.
So there is something that has really been bothering me that I need to get out in the open. You Pinterest folks and Facebook folks have been posting these (probably accurate) articles about not using two spaces after a period. Well, I’m old school and I like it! I tried to stop at first (which I couldn’t), then I decided I’m standing my ground. So there.SpaceSpaceGet used to my typewriter style writing. At least brownies come with my deal.
Anyway, I’m so excited! My little Ty tried his first track practice last night. He loved it! He is so little compared to all of the other kids. He is also very little on that big track. His size is small but his personality is definitely not. Oh my, he talked to Coach the whole time. He also has been insisting that everyone call him Fur Ball lately. The people at track were no exception. My little darling already has a nickname on his first day. He could have picked a little tougher one in my opinion. I tried to talk him into changing it to Fire Ball to no avail. He’s not even hairy. He says his super powers are shooting Fur Balls. Whatever kid. At least he’s fast! And I’m a loser mom, that’s the best picture I got. My bearded husband is super happy to have two runners in the house as well.
Tomorrow is Crossfit for me and then Saturday 10 miles for my long run. After that, I’m helping head up a Couch 2 5K program. It should be lots of fun. I am loving to see the improvement in the new runners I’ve had contact with lately. Man, they inspire me!
Alright, if I get off of here now I have time to watch a little Parenthood before I have to pick the kids up. See ya!
- 1 wild caught salmon plank cut into 4oz sections
- 1tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 or 6 grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 jalapeno diced small (seeds and ribs removed for milder flavor)
- 1/2 onion diced small
- 1/4 orange or red bell pepper diced small
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3 cups of spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line salmon pieces on a baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- In the meantime heat olive oil or avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in all chopped veggies except for the spinach.
- Sautee veggies until tender, stirring frequently.
- When veggies are tender add the 4 tbsp. of butter and salt and pepper.
- When butter has melted and all ingredients are incorporated transfer salsa to a small bowl to set aside.
- In the same skillet add the 3 cups of spinach and 1 tbsp. of the garlic butter salsa.
- Toss spinach with mixture until wilted to your preference.
- Plate salmon then top with spinach.
- Lastly top with garlic butter salsa.