Hi peeps. I hope I find everyone well on this beautiful day! I am so loving these cooler temps. I mean, I totally feel like I’m flying! Or at least running faster than that ole turtle through peanut better. You’ve heard that saying right? Anyway, I have a little recipe for you. Such comfort food. You know how I love my cow in the freezer. Add some feta along with it and delish! This is one of those recipes that make for a good leftover breakfast too. Man, dinner for breakfast is really my fav.
Guess what?? I have a brand spanking new goal for my marathon. I share this goal with a few of my closest running buddies. Turns out we were beat by OPRAH WINFREY!! What??? Yeah, she got a 4:29:15. I got a 4:49:41!! I think in the back of my head I knew that and chose to ignore it. Oh boys and girls we are NOT ignoring it this time around!! No no. I will get a 4:28 if it kills me. And it might. At my funeral you can all get up and talk about how I’m sitting at the right hand of Jesus satisfied with my time that is faster than Oprah.
So now with our goal hashtag #fasterthanOprah, my dear friend Lisa has been pouring over our training plan. Like I said, we are following Coaches plan but we are also intertwining it with the Hanson Marathon Training Method. I think she just about has it worked out for the next few months. We are nailing down paces that we need to hit for each run, FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. We are quite the group of planners. I like it! I’m telling you, the marathon is not about the race itself. It’s about all of the preparation and training that goes into it! We are not going to wuss out of the hard runs either. We WILL beat Oprah. Fun times.
If things aren’t already complicated enough we also are trying for a Sub 2 hour half marathon at DRC. Speaking of, I need to sign up for that sucker! Anyway, all summer we have been pretty slow. Coach has cracked the whip and is making us run faster now. Of course our first response is he’s a crazy person and we can’t do that. Well, Tuesday we hit our numbers on the track and today we hit our numbers in our 3×1 mile repeats. We may growl and moan but we do it. Secretly while we are complaining about the task at hand, we know that we are not going to accept anything less from one another. Ya’ll know I love my buddies.
So…on a total non running related topic. Those exist? Anyway, The Bearded Husband and I are shopping for RV’s! I know, I’m such a traitor! I love my tent and camping but man, won’t a heater be nice?? Plus we can pile in running buddies and haul it to races. Stay tuned!
Let me know what you think about the steak.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- splash of Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta plus more for garnish
- cream of mushroom soup from CutTheGrain
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare cream of mushroom soup according to directions on CutTheGrain.
- Heat butter in large saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup each of diced mushroom, red pepper, onion and garlic cloves along with the diced jalapeno to pan and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Cut remainder of the onion and red pepper into strips and sauté separate in a small saucepan for garnish. (Optional but worth it.)
- When vegetables have sweated add them to a large bowl with the ground meat, Worcestershire, feta, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with hands and form into patties.
- Add the formed patties back into the same pan and cook on each side until no longer pink in the middle. If the pan gets dry add more of your choice of fat.
- When patties are cook through allow time to rest.
- Top with cream of mushroom soup, feta and sautéed peppers and onions.