We are all grownups here and brussels sprouts have a terrible reputation. Well, get over it folks. They are delicious, especially roasted. While we are on the subject they are super healthy too. We eat them easily twice a week. Get them cheap at Costco and roast away! If you haven’t tried them this way, please do and let me know what you think.
Well, I guess I delivered you guys a real sob story on Monday. So many of you messaged/texted me to check on how I was doing! You’re too sweet! I am great, back to my old self. Thankyaverymuch. Seriously, I do appreciate it. I’m sitting here listening to my Zydeco and happy about being a runner.
Coach told me, “We never lose, we win or we learn.” Yep, I learned. I learned that racing sucks, oh and so does running. Okaaaay, just kidding! I realize now that I needed this race. I don’t have another “race” until the full and if I didn’t have this one, I’m not sure I would have been prepared totally for the full. First, like I said before, if I’m going to run distance my diet and cross training have to stay on course. No excuses. Secondly, and most importantly, races are HARD. Running is HARD. The marathon will be much harder than that half. I need to work on my mental game. I need to learn to use the tools we practice when the going gets tough. Turns out crying and feeling sorry for myself is not a great game plan. Surprise, surprise.
Alright, enough about that. I’m kind of in a mood today. A goofy one, which is always fun. I’m sure some little person is going to get out of school and ruin it, but for now it’s been a good morning. I think I know the source. My new gym has coffee. So dumb right? Well, I got there at 4am, lifted and then ran 5 miles at 5am. It’s getting colder and there is coffee waiting there for me at the end! It’s nothing fancy but makes me so happy! You gotta enjoy the little things guys.
Try my brussels sprouts and have a wonderful weekend!
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs cleaned and halved brussels sprouts.
- 1 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except the brussles sprouts and oil.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and pile up the brussels sprouts.
- Toss brussels sprouts with oil.
- Pour remaining ingredients over and combine well.
- Then spread out brussels sprouts evenly. Ideally each one should be touching the foil.
- Roast for 15 minutes until tender.
- Once tender turn heat up to 450 and stir occasionally until they have a dark color.