Hi Guys! Pork Chops with Roasted Red Pepper and Leek Sauce…well doesn’t that sound fancy? It totally is fancy! It would be great to serve if you have dinner guests. Hehe, dinner guests. That makes me chuckle. I feel like that term does not fit into my life. Our “dinner guests” usually have a bunch of kids too so it’s wild and crazy and chaotic. Food usually on the floor, kids fighting, drinks getting spilled, awesome food and lots of fun. Anyway, this pork and sauce took about 20 minutes to make and it was super tender. I’m usually not a fan of pork chops because they are dry. Mmmm not this one. It gets simmered in the sauce. My Dad would like it.
So, my plan today was to take lots of pictures at Crossfit and tell you all about my awesome workout. Well, guess what? Totally slept through my workout…slept until 8:30 as a matter of fact. Yep, kids too. We are such losers! Love it. The last three mornings have been 4:00am or 4:30am start times with hard running. I was so tired yesterday. A good, “man I’m awesome for that awesome run tired,” but tired all the same. So today was rest. Rest is good!
Tomorrow my sista will be in town and she is training for her fist half! How exciting huh? Well, she is coming to run with me and my crazy crew. We will whip her into shape. She will probably run faster just to get away from some of the crazy conversations.
Then, I’ll head over to our Couch to 5K group in Royse City. I tell you what, I am really enjoying that group! It’s a relaxed setting and growing so fast! It’s a great, encouraging community of runners who are happy to be there and be moving forward. If you haven’t noticed I love warm and fuzzy group settings. I’m totally fine with intense training but I like it with the absence of drama and pissy faces. My groups totally have that. Awe.
Then off to spend the weekend with my family. Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone remembers why we celebrate it!
- 3 or 4, 1/2 inch bone in pork chops
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers out of jar, chopped. (Double check ingredients)
- 1 leek sliced thin and washed
- 2 tbsp. blanched almond flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. milled flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of avocado or olive oil (avocado works better over high heat.)
- granulated garlic
- In a saucepan heat butter until melted.
- Add in chopped roasted red peppers and leeks.
- Sauté until leeks are tender.
- Add in almond flour and salt and pepper. Stir until almond flour is slightly browned.
- While almond flour is browning, in a separate bowl, combine the water and flaxseed. The flaxseed will thicken in the water. About 5 mins.
- Once the flaxseed is thickened add it to the saucepan along with the coconut milk.
- Stir until thickened and remove from heat.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium to high heat. Meanwhile seasoning pork chops with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Once pan is hot sear chops on both sides but don't cook through.
- When they are browned turn heat to medium/low and add in sauce. If sauce is a little thick add some water and stir to make sure pork is covered on top and bottom.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until pork is cooked through.