As promised The Baker’s brownie recipe. They are so yummy. My kids loved them and that is always the test. Even Paleo treats don’t get by them unless they are good. The ingredients are simple as well. Take them to a potluck or whatever and no one will know the difference. Probably be good with some walnuts too.
This week I’m officially back to the grind. My arms pits are so sore I can barely put my hair in a pony tail. Dang Crossfit! I said I would go back 100% after the race and I have. I had no idea how far back I set myself from taking it easy there during marathon training. Well, now I know. Like I predicted, he’s not letting me be a wimp. In a few months I’ll be a beast again…haha…was I ever a beast? Hmmm??
I told you before the race I was going to change things up a little. One thing I want to do is make sure I am answering questions that you guys are asking me. Probably the most popular question is “How do you have time to make this food?” Well, I am blessed to be a stay at home mom so I do have that going for me. However, I do not have ample amounts of time to spend on food. I’m going to be completely honest with you. TO EAT HEALTHY YOU HAVE TO COOK. It’s that simple. Whether it be Paleo or another type of healthy eating you have to prepare it in your own kitchen. Sure, you can find Paleo food in restaurants but typically it’s so high in sodium it’s crazy. Makes my shins burn. It takes planning to get meals on the table. Spend an extra few minutes thinking about what you are going to make and do some prep work. It will get easier if you make it a priority.
One simple tool I have to speed things up a bit is the Vidalia Chop Wizard. The Baker bought it for me for my birthday and I love it. I chop an insane amount of veggies and it makes the process way faster. It does take up room in the dishwasher but worth it in my opinion. By the way, I’m telling you this because I like it. They are not paying me to endorse it. I wish I knew how to get companies to do that! Anyway, chop veggies for your salad for the week and move on. You get the drift.
Keep the questions coming!
- ¼ cup + 2 tsp coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 12 ozs Enjoy Life chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together coconut flour, salt, and powder in small bowl and set aside
- In a sauce pan, combine butter, coconut milk, and coconut sugar under low to medium heat stir occasionally
- Cook until mixture just starts to boil and remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup of the dark chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture then fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread in a 8 x 12 pan and bake for 30 min